The BlackBerry Storm Smartphone Is Coming to Hong Kong
Already available in many regions, the BlackBerry Storm has been announced for Hong Kong this week, though pricing and service plan detail are not revealed yet. The BlackBerry Storm smartphone is expected to be available in Hong Kong from 1O1O, 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited, one2free and SmarTone-Vodafone in the second quarter 2009.
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone brings images and videos to life with sharp and vibrant colour through its stunning 3.25-inch, high resolution (480×360 at 184 ppi) display. Featuring a built-in media player that handles a range of video and music formats, it also supports video streaming and can be synchronised with iTunes for music content or wirelessly connected (via Bluetooth) to a home stereo using the BlackBerry Music Gateway. With HSPA connectivity, BlackBerry Storm users will enjoy a high-performance HTML browser that works in either portrait or landscape modes thanks to the built-in orientation sensor (accelerometer).
For easy access to popular IM and social networking services, the BlackBerry Storm comes with purpose-built applications for Facebook, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, and Flickr. The smartphone also conveniently supports multitasking so users are not forced to constantly open and close applications.
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone features include:
- Sleek, stylish design with contoured corners, stainless steel back and chromed frame
- Large (3.25-inch), “clickable” SurePress touch-screen with 480 x 360 resolution at 184 ppi
- An ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the backlighting and an accelerometer that allows customers to view applications in either portrait or landscape mode
- Support for popular instant messaging services and social networking sites
- 3.2 megapixel camera, with auto focus and a LED flash
- A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, support for Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP) and dedicated volume controls
- Built-in GPS
- 1 GB of on board memory storage and a microSD/SDHC memory card slot
- Preloaded DataViz Documents to Go allows users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the smartphone
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks and 15 days of standby time