Sony Ericsson announces launch dates for Xperia X1
Sony Ericsson today announces 30 September 2008 as the official launch date for the Xperia X1 – initially available to consumers in the UK, Germany and Sweden. The handset will be available in other markets across Europe, Asia and Latin America throughout Q4 2008.
List of included countries as follow
- APAC: Indonesia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Western Europe: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Portugal
- Central Europe: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic
- Middle East: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
- Africa: South Africa
- Latin America: Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia
Availability dates for North America, China, Australia and Russia along with other countries not mentioned above will be announced by local markets in the coming months.
To start the countdown to the launch of Xperia X1, Sony Ericsson will host a live global webcast on September 15 at 13:00 GMT + 1, offering viewers the first in-depth demonstration of the handset. The web cast will also premiere the first episode of an alternative reality thriller Johnny X. To register to view the web cast and Q&A session with Xperia X1 Senior Product Manager Magnus J Andersson, please visit: www.sonyericsson.com/premiere.