Obama camp releases iPhone app
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s campaign team has released an application for iPhone users. The free application is available for download through the App Store. The application works with iPhone 3G, the original iPhone, and iPod touch. This application requires iPhone 2.0 Software Update.
- Call Friends: A great volunteering tool that lets you make a difference any time you want by talking to people you already know. Your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and you can make calls and organize results all in one place.
- Call Stats: See nationwide Obama ’08 Call Friends totals and find out how your call totals compare to leading callers.
- Get Involved: Do more. Find and contact your local Obama for America HQ.
- Receive Updates: Receive the latest news and announcements via text messages or email.
- News: Browse complete coverage of national and local campaign news.
- Local Events: Find local events, share by email and get maps and directions.
- Media: Browse videos and photos from the campaign
- Issues: Get clear facts about Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan for essential issues facing Americans.
What makes the Obama ’08 iPhone application unique, according to Ars Technica, is the dream team behind it. The volunteers include author and programmer Mike Lee; former Yahoo!, Apple, VMware, and Tapulous engineer Tristan O’Tierney; designer Louie Mantia; Jonathan Wight of Toxic Software fame, and iPhone Dev Camp I and II organizers Dom Sagolla and Raven Zachary.