Access and Emblaze Mobile Unveil Else Intuition with Linux Platform
ACCESS and Emblaze Mobile this week unveiled its new Else Intuition, featuring Access Linux Platform v3.0 with touch UI. To be used with GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) or GSM Triband (850/1900/2100 MHz) network, the Else Intuition comes with built in GPS, WiFi, bluetooth and powered by a TI OMAP 3430 processor. Else Intuition takes advantage of ACCESS Linux Platform v3.0 to provide advanced flexibility and configurability, enabling users to run multiple applications simultaneously.
While we are not clear on the overall design of the new user interface, the Else Intuition is using a capacitive touch screen, which might also bring a multitouch capability for supported applications. The 3.47-inch capacitive touch screen has a FWVGA resolution with 480 x 854 pixel (16:9).
The first ELSE is being previewed at ACCESS Day, ACCESS’ annual ecosystem and partner event in Tokyo, Japan on October 22, 2009. The companies have already been actively promoting the first ELSE to top-tier mobile operators worldwide, and operator evaluations are currently underway. The complete global unveiling of the ELSE INTUITION platform and the first ELSE device will be announced separately.
- Application processor: TI OMAP 3430
- WCDMA/HSDPA/ GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE
- Supported bands: Quad band 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz & 1900 MHz
- Tri-band 850 MHz, 1900 MHz & 2100 MHz
- Bluetooth & WiFi: BT 2.0 and 802.11 b/g
- Main Display: LCD 3.47″ FWVGA 480×854, 262K colors
- Memory: Internal flash 16GB
- 256MB RAM
- Camera: 5 Megapixel, Auto-focus, 8x Digital, Image stabilization technology
- GPS: Standalone GPS and Assisted-GPS
- Microphones: SiSonic (X 2 for noise cancellation)
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Includes state-of-the-art Flamingo™ stereo headphones
- Sensors: Tilt, Proximity and Light sensors with adaptive handling
- Battery: 1450mA/hour
- Dimensions: 13mm (D) x 56.6mm (W) x 115.6